I have had the pleasure of being interviewed for the very first time by Elena French on her blog Elena's Easel, Elena is an illustrator that shares my love of colour pencils, she creates beautiful children's art and illustrations. Please stop by her blog and take a look..
I will not be participating in Illustration Friday this week as my beloved old laptop suddenly stopped working this week, so I have had to replace it and will be spending the week loading software and doing all the other tricky and time consuming things that need to be done....
I found a link to Ksenia's sad story on Maryam's blog. Ksenia recently lost her husband in tragic circumstances and is making a book in his memory for their little daughter.The book's name is "Mishkina knizhka" which has a double meaning in Russian – The little bear’s book and Misha's book (that is Mikka's real name).
I decided to join Maryam in taking part in this project by sending my "Little Bear" illustration, please take the time to join us if you can...
When I was invited to join in with your Birthday celebrations, I spent a lot of time thinking about what I could draw for you..... I sketched some birthday ideas but none of them seemed right. I went to your blog (Circling My Head) and read more of your beautiful posts, after spending a lot of time thinking about you and how your words make me feel, I drew this picture.... I hope you like it...
A little while ago I was nominated for a couple of awards but I have been really busy so I would now like to take this opportunity to thank Indigene and Alicia for so kindly giving them to me, they are both such talented artists and I truly appreciate them thinking of me...
before I accept these awards I am supposed to list seven things I love, so here goes..
1. I love springtime when the garden bursts back into bloom and the world becomes green again.
2. I love to sing, I think perhaps everyone else hates it but I love it! :D
3. I love Art... whether it be sculpture, photography, painting or drawing, I love looking at it and creating it.
4. I love children, for their innocence, their truthfulness but most of all for their limitless imagination..
5. I love antique shops where I can look at beautiful things that transport me back to days gone by..
6. I love the sea, I was born in a seaside town and miss it terribly, I visit the coast as often as I can but not as much as I would like..
7. and last but certainly not least I love my family, they are an odd little clan but I love em!!..... :)
I would like to pass these creative awards along to :-